Alstern Technologies provides variety of nitrogen services such as nitrogen cooling, nitrogen pressure testing, nitrogen pipe freezing, nitrogen purging, nitrogen drying, nitrogen foaminerting, nitrogen mothballing, nitrogen gaslifting and nitrogen/helium leak detection, which are used in chemical industries, marine, offshore, building & facilities management, industrial processing etc.,
• Nitrogen Cooling is the use of liquid or gases nitrogen to assist in the cooling
process and thereby saving valuable shutdown time.
• Using nitrogen offers a number of advantages for drying operations.
• Pipe freezing is applicable to a variety of situations include pipeline
maintenance and repair works, changing of valves, flanges or pumps,
testing for leakage
• Nitrogen is used in well applications to reduce the weight of fluid in the
• The use of inert gas(Nitrogen) to control corrosion of the internal surface of
plant equipment can be an effective method.
• Large volumes of nitrogen can be pumped by Alstern Technologies’ pumping
equipment to assist in cooling process and save valuable hours of shutdown
• Alstern Technologies has a wide range of equipment suited to system drying,
particularly for moisture sensitive petrochemical plants.
• In some circumstances, when hydrostatic testing is not possible, systems may
be tested with nitrogen. However, system design specifications must be
reviewed and a detailed risk analysis completed before testing with a
• Nitrogen foam inerting is an enhanced safety service generated by passing
'positive pressure' gaseous nitrogen through a generator and injected into
pipes and vessels.
• Alstern Technologies has a large fleet of nitrogen equipment. Our nitrogen
testing capability extends to pressures of 1,000 barg (14,500 psig), and with
flowrates limited only the supply of liquid nitrogen.
• For offshore LNG production, nitrogen cooling is used in a plate-rib heat
exchanger which is to condense hydrocarbon gases to liquid.
• Alstern Technologies have extensive experience in nitrogen drying across its
• Nitrogen freezing is convenient, flexible, time saving, money saving, hassle
free, reliable and quick.
• Foam inerting continues to be one of the most important and versatile
safety services that Alstern Technologies offer worldwide.
• With over 15 years of experience, Alstern Technologies has established as
one of the leaders in specialised nitrogen related services, and enabled our
clients to reduce turnaround schedules, improve operating efficiencies, and
implement the highest standards of site safety.